The Service will provide:
- Advice, guidance and support on all aspects of the educational visits process.
- An online planning, advice and notification system with approval procedure for educational visits, to ensure that arrangements reflect LA guidance and current national good practice.
What the service provides
- Advice, guidance and support for educational visits
- Educational Visit Coordinator training
- Access to the educational visits website which contains national and local guidance and procedures; advice, information, updates and news; downloadable resources; a customisable library for the school and establishments' visit archive
- In addition, the Headteacher and Educational Visits Coordinator (EVC) will have access to an overview of all their establishment's visits and their approval status; a user manager tool to set up, amend and monitor staff user accounts and record training and awards; establishment visit forms - past, present and planned; establishment and Local Authority visit diaries with links to all visit forms; and customisable visit reporting tools
- Monitoring and approval (or non approval as appropriate) of all visits of the following types: overseas visits; adventurous activities, including all Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE) activity; residential visits
Benefits to your school
Both members of the EVAS are Accredited members of the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel. This is your assurance that all advice, guidance and training is both current and of high quality.
The Service provides a robust and efficient system for educational visits. The electronic system stores an archive of visit information and provides a 'one stop shop' to access a wide range of support materials and resources whilst enabling schools to demonstrate good practice (e.g. to Ofsted) with regard to learning outside the classroom activities.
The SLA price is based on pupil numbers and sent under separate cover.
Other establishments may be charged on an annual lump sum basis.
A range of additional services is available, for which an additional charge may be applicable.
More information is available at: Evolve - Bury Visits.
The Service makes provision for a Clerk to be provided by the Local Authority to attend one meeting of the Governing Board per term, together with the electronic distribution of meeting papers, and administrative support linked to the clerking package.
Alternatively, the Service can provide papers only, distributed electronically, and allow schools to appoint their own Clerk.
What the Service provides
- Identification of specific agenda items and preparation of individual school agendas
- Collation of agendas, reports, minutes and issue of these to all Governors
- Preparation and typing of minutes and forwarding to the Headteacher and Chair of Governors as soon as possible after the meeting
- Initiation of action on items arising from decisions of the Governing Board and reporting back on such items
- Arrange where appropriate for resolutions to be reported to the Executive Committee (Children and Young People)
- Correspondence on behalf of the Governing Board on issues discussed at termly meetings
- Ensure compliance with regulatory changes with regard to the Constitution of Governing Bodies of Maintained Schools statutory regulations
- Correspond with various agencies regarding membership and vacancies
Benefits to your school
Statutory and other agenda items will be identified and included for consideration on appropriate agendas.
Agendas and supporting documents will be distributed to Governors electronically within the statutory timescale for receipt of documents, currently at least seven clear days prior to the Governing Board meeting.
Prices vary depending on the level of service purchased and are included in the price list sent to schools.