Bury Governor Association and Governance Development
This is not a Bury Local Authority Traded Service, it is included for the convenience of schools.
The Bury Governor Association (BGA) is a forum for governors and trustees to get together to keep up to date with national and local issues through invited speakers. Bury Governance Development (BGD), which operates under the umbrella of the BGA, oversees the commissioning of training and development to meet the needs of those involved in governance in Bury schools.
What the service provides
- Termly meetings with guest speakers to discuss current topics
- Affiliation to the National Governance Association (NGA)
- Networking opportunities to discuss issues and share good practice
- Representation within the local education system to ensure the voices of governors and trustees are heard
- Organisation and delivery of a wide variety training courses (virtual and face to face) for school governors and trustees
- Organisation/brokering and commissioning of external development and training
- Organisation of an annual conference in Bury
- Governors in member schools have free access to the NGA Learning Link on-line training service
Benefits to your school
- Gives governors and trustees opportunities to widen their awareness of the national and local education landscape
- Develop governance capability through access to CPD, training and networking
- Evidence of collaboration with other schools to develop governance
Bury Schools are charged on a lump sum per school basis which will be included in the price list sent to schools.
Other schools contact us for information.
Visit the Bury Governor Association website for more information and contact details.