The Service makes provision for a clerk to be provided by the Local Authority to attend one meeting of the governing body per term, together with the printing, stationery and postage costs, and administrative support linked to the clerking package.
Alternatively, the Service can provide papers only and allow schools to appoint their own clerk.
What the Service provides
- Identification of specific agenda items and preparation of individual school agendas
- Collation of agendas, reports, minutes and issue of these to all Governors
- Preparation and typing of minutes and forwarding to the Head Teacher and Chair of Governors as soon as possible after the meeting
- Initiation of action on items arising from decisions of the Governing Body and reporting back on such items
- Arrange where appropriate for resolutions to be reported to the Executive Committee (Children, Young People & Culture )
- Correspondence on behalf of the Governing Body on issues discussed at termly meetings
- Ensure compliance with changes in the Constitution of Governing Bodies
- Correspond with various agencies regarding membership vacancies
Benefits to your school
Statutory and other agenda items will be identified and included for consideration on appropriate agendas.
Agendas and supporting documents will be posted out to Governors within the statutory timescale for receipt of documents, currently at least seven clear days prior to the Governing Body meeting.
Service level agreement (SLA) information
Prices vary depending on the level of service purchased and are included in the price list sent to schools.