Building cleaning and caretaking service
The service provides a caretaking and cleaning service to 65 schools across the borough, employing approximately 280 permanent staff and an additional supply of 80 relief staff.
Building Cleaning provides a safe, efficient and cost effective service that is tailored to your schools needs.
What the service provides
The Building Cleaning service offers a fully inclusive package for schools covering 52 weeks per year.
Alternatively, a package for 39 term time weeks plus four extra caretaking weeks and two extra cleaning weeks is available.
Site specific work schedule agreed for cleaning to be carried out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
All machinery provided and maintained.
All staff trained in safe working practices and including; stripping and re-sealing a range of floor types; carpet shampooing; manual handling; working at height; premise hazard management and safeguarding.
In addition, there are optional packages to support your school needs:
- Option one - Caretaking training/annual performance monitoring.
- Option two - Cleaning standard monitoring inspections—including safe working practices.
- Option three - Provision of cleaning products/janitorial and personal protective equipment.
Benefits to your school
- Fully inclusive service
- Staff managed by experienced personnel
- Staff fully trained
- Machinery and equipment provided and maintained
- Chemicals COSHH (Control of substances hazardous to health) assessed
- Risk Assessments carried out
- Schools inspected for cleaning standards
- Recruitment completed by experienced personnel
- Absence and sickness monitoring carried out
Charges are calculated based on school specific requirements.