Quality Education Partners
The Local Authority offers schools external support and challenge from a Quality Education Partner, who is either a serving or former headteacher. This is not a traditional service level agreement at a fixed cost, but a bespoke, negotiated package of support tailored to the school's requirements.
The school based support is linked to the key elements of improving the quality of education and leadership and management.
The Local Authority provides a termly agenda which can be adapted to meet each school's needs.
What the service provides
- Review meetings to assist schools in identifying needs and priorities including signposting/ brokerage of specialist support including through the Local Authority
- Quality assurance of self-evaluation processes including joint monitoring of the quality of education
- External review of the school's performance data
- Inspection support
- Performance management including external advice to appointed governors for head teacher performance management
- Bespoke activity to meet schools' needs
- Support for recruitment and selection can be sourced through the Quality Education Partner offer.
- In maintained schools the LA has a 'right to be represented' at senior leader appointments. This advice will be provided at no cost
- Local Authority - LA Quality Standards and Performance Officer support for recruitment e.g. preparation of tasks, activities and/ or questions will be chargeable at the Quality Education Partner daily rate.
Benefits to your school
Quality Education Partners assist schools with their self-evaluation by providing tailored support and challenge for:
- School improvement
- Validation of systems and processes
- External advice and guidance for senior leaders
The daily rate is shown on the price list sent to Bury schools.
All our Quality Education Partners are either DBS - Disclosure and Barring Service checked or have confirmed pre employment checks. They are either serving or former headteachers. Training is provided termly and their work is quality assured.
Schools can be supported by more than one partner depending on expertise and need.