Engineering (highways and street lighting)
The service completes around 11,200 drainage, highway and street lighting jobs a year, and can undertake most aspects of civil engineering.
In addition, we have the skills to carry out construction works and can offer a consultation service on most aspects of civil engineering.
Benefits to your school
- Rapid response
- Safe, fast and effective delivery
- High quality workmanship
- Statute licensed for local authority works
- Friendly, knowledgeable service
As the Council's in-house supplier of civil engineering works, we are suitably qualified, experienced and hold statutory regulation regarding highway and street lighting works.
- 660km of adopted highway and associated assets
- 40,000 gullies
- 22,000 lighting columns and illuminated signs & bollards
- Ancillary drainage systems
- Carry out construction works using in house teams
- Pot hole and flagging repairs
- Resurfacing of roads, car parks and playgrounds
- Drainage surveys and repair
- Street lighting replacement and repair
- Electrical maintenance and repair
- Snow clearance and gritting
- Construction consultations