Accounts payable (creditors)
Our highly experienced Accounts Payable team is integral to our Pay Services operation and works closely with colleagues in payroll and pensions to ensure a comprehensive service to our customers.
We provide schools with a comprehensive and cost effective invoice management and processing service and operate a 'Centre of Excellence'. Our commitment is always to strive to exceed our customer's expectations.
What the service provides
- Comprehensive recording, processing, payment and management of invoices
- Invoice query management for schools and suppliers
- Creditors invoices, once authorised by schools, are paid through the Authority's bank account - thereby cash flow problems are eliminated for schools
- VAT reclaimed through the Authority's financial systems thereby reducing the burden on schools
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) payments are made on behalf of suppliers to ensure compliance with HM Revenue and Customs regulations
- Full compliance with the requirements of payments legislation, industry good practice and internal and external audit
- Full service details can be found in the comprehensive SLA
Benefits to your school
Operating in a 'spirit of partnership' ensures that our services are tailored to meet your needs. In addition we have a proven track record of delivering first class, quality, cost effective services to the education sector through our dedicated, professional team. Your Pay Services are in good hands leaving you free to concentrate on your core business.
Costs will be based on the number of transactions processed for each school over the last academic year.
In the past 12 months our Pay Services Accounts Payable Team have paid around 77,000 invoices 98.9 per cent plus of which within terms averaging just nine days to pay.