Provision of an efficient and effective legal service including advice on a range of issues affecting schools.
What the Service provides
Representation and advice on the following:
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Contract disputes/dispute resolution
- Debt recovery
- Employment issues
- Duties owed by parents/pupils
- Nuisance on school premises
- Property dealings eg dual use, boundary disputes, transactions
- Use of materials eg copyright
- Parents and pupils - duty to disclose pupil information, family proceedings disputes and effect of contact/residence orders; discipline, access to premises, harassment and discrimination
Benefits to your school
Readily available practical advice can be given to deal with problems as they arise.
The service can be used to gain information about changes in the law which affect the school.
Advice is provided by lawyers with experience in all service areas, knowledge of the local area and the local authorities policies and procedures.
The service is highly cost effective in comparison with private practice.
The costs of this service are charged per primary or high school and the price is included in the price list sent to schools.
Issuing/defending legal proceedings or advice on complex issues, including the provision of an advocacy service and preparation of case and witness statements will be charged at an hourly rate over and above the annual fee and disbursements may also be incurred, following discussion with the school.