Insurance is effected by the Council Insurance Section through either a commercial Insurance Policy or by an internal Insurance Scheme.
It provides Comprehensive Liability, Building, All Risk. Money and on and off Site Insurance cover.
What the service provides
- Provide telephone helpline
- Give immediate help following a major incident of Fire and associated perils or Flood/Burst Pipes or other serious incidents.
- Provide advice and assistance with the processing of claims both large and small. Ensure compliance with current legislations.
- Compile the appropriate documentation for each and every claim in consultation with the school to allow for the most beneficial compensation.
- Provide advice and assistance on the completion and presentation of any claim form relating to an insurance incident, and on-going advice and assistance during the progress of a claim including site meetings, case conferences and attendance at Court during any Legal Proceedings.
- Ensure adequacy of cover following identification of risks.
- Negotiate the renewal of annual Insurance Policies. Ensure premiums are paid and recharged to the school. Provide estimates of the expected premiums during the budget setting process
- Effect additional cover during the financial year as required
Benefits to your school
Knowledge that Building and Liability cover is in place and that the support of experienced staff are there to assist with processing claims and all Insurance related queries.
Support of Insurers and Loss Adjusters if a major incident occurs, co-ordination of remedial works which will assist in keeping disruption to a minimum within the school.
Would need to purchase individual cover which would be extremely more expensive than being part of a Block Policy with the Council.
The Building premium is based on the value of the school plus contents cover.
Employers and Public Liability is based on number of staff, pupils and claims experience.
We can also add any other optional cover required by any individual school.