Educational visits advisory service
The Service will provide:
- Advice, guidance and support on all aspects of the educational visits process.
- An online planning, advice and notification system with approval procedure for educational visits, to ensure that arrangements reflect LA guidance and current national good practice.
What the service provides
- Advice, guidance and support for educational visits
- Educational Visit Coordinator training
- Access to the educational visits website which contains national and local guidance and procedures; advice, information, updates and news; downloadable resources; a customisable library for the school and establishments' visit archive
- In addition, the Headteacher and Educational Visits Coordinator (EVC) will have access to an overview of all their establishment's visits and their approval status; a user manager tool to set up, amend and monitor staff user accounts and record training and awards; establishment visit forms - past, present and planned; establishment and Local Authority visit diaries with links to all visit forms; and customisable visit reporting tools
- Monitoring and approval (or non approval as appropriate) of all visits of the following types: overseas visits; adventurous activities, including all Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE) activity; residential visits
Benefits to your school
Both members of the EVAS are full members of the Outdoor Education Advisers Panel, with the service lead being an Accredited Member. This is your assurance that all advice, guidance and training is both current and of high quality.
The Service provides a robust and efficient system for educational visits. The electronic system stores an archive of visit information and provides a 'one stop shop' to access a wide range of support materials and resources whilst enabling schools to demonstrate good practice (e.g. to Ofsted) with regard to learning outside the classroom activities.
Service level agreement (SLA) information
The SLA price is based on pupil numbers and sent under separate cover.
Other establishments may be charged on an annual lump sum basis.
A range of additional services is available, for which an additional charge may be applicable.
More information is available at: Evolve - Bury Visits.